Sep 18, 2012

THE SHAPE.

Did you also noticed that there is a new Menswear silhouette coming up for the next Spring Summer 2013 season? 'Box Shape' is the magic word in the world of fashion. Away from tight pants and transparence layering. A total new and rather amazing shape. I'm official in LOVE! Wide pants, wide jackets and heavy materials in bold colors as off white, navy blue and dark purples. Here and there bits of metallic. Geometric prints with a playful innovation to it. I enjoy the wide and super boxy sleeves, shorts and jackets. This shape has the futuristic aesthetic to it, witch I absolutely missed. Looking at the Dries Van Noten, Neil Barrett or Topman Design Collections make me more than excited.
Already starting to wear vintage COMME des GARÇONS trousers from 1996 with that boxy feeling to it. They have this fancy flocked flower print in a dark maroon on them, which I find smacking groove! Of course a piece I found again in my mother closet. She just is always ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment